Can You Use a Carpet Cleaner as a Vacuum, Not Really!
Nowadays, it is common for many to use various appliances to clean home carpeting. This is especially important for those who need to keep down the level of dust mites and pet dander. One might go towards purchasing a carpet cleaner because it might fill both using it for daily use and also when a deeper need for rug cleaning is needed. There are about 200,000 organisms per square inch of a carpeted floor. Vacuuming the floor is probably the best answer to remove most of these organisms. Technically, vacuuming your carpets about once every week or two weeks is vital to maintain its cleanliness, there are still other important methods you have to consider.
However, can you use a carpet cleaner as a vacuum? According to the vacuum maker Bissell, a carpet cleaner is not designed to be used for dry vacuuming. If you need to spot or deep clean every day then you certainly could with a carpet cleaner.
The Carpet and Rug Institute.
For all people who are looking for reliable information on the maintenance of their carpets or even carpeted floors, the Carpet and Rug Institute will be able to provide a lot of information on this. The CRI is a science-based information website that talks about living, working, learning, and healing carpets. They provide information from that would aid people to make informed decisions on their carpets to avoid spending hundreds and thousands of dollars for mistakes.
To visit their website and get more information, click here.
Vacuum your Carpets Once Every Week!
The Carpet and Rug Institute suggests that you vacuum your floors once a week using a vacuum with a Seal of Approval-Certified Vacuum Cleaner. But you have to bear in mind, the more you step on your carpet, the more likely you will be seeing yourself vacuuming.
An article on NBC News by Vivian Manning-Schaffel discussed how often you should wash everything from your shoes to your floors. One of the things she pointed out is the fact that shoes are the reason why we often bring in bacteria from the outside to the inside of the house— even if it looks clean. She discussed that a study by the University of Arizona that bacteria from your shoes transfer to floors 90% of the time, these include the dirt and mess you don’t really see.
4 of the Best Vacuums, You Can Buy NOW.
There are hundreds of vacuums you can choose from on Amazon, but this article summarized the best 5 vacuums based on Amazon’s recommendation and peer reviews.
BISSELL Featherweight Stick Bagless Vacuum.
This particular vacuum being sold on Amazon is the best seller in its category. It is a very powerful vacuum, extremely convenient, and easy to use. It’s perfect for hard floors, and carpeted floors. It has a rating of 4.3/50 with 7290 reviews. This product is also an Amazon’s Choice product. It has a dit cup capacity of 0.67 liters.
EUREKA PowerSpeed Vacuum Cleaner.
This particular vacuum cleaner is only 10 pounds in weight. One of the lightest vacuums being sold at the moment. It has a dynamic motor and brush roll the can lift stubborn and heavy debris. It’s 5 height adjustment works well with carpets, rugs, and hard floors. The smooth wheels ensure that it won’t put scratches or gouge on your hardwood floor. It has a 4.1L extra-large capacity and has multiple accessories. This vacuum is also considered an amazon’s choice product and has a rating of 4.3/5.0 with 6003 reviews.
SHARK Professional Corded Vacuum.
Most vacuums have poor performance when it comes to vacuuming potential allergens on the floor that may cause severe allergies to most people. But this particular vacuum contains an Anti-Allergen Complete Seal that captures and traps 99% of potential allergens. It’s extremely lightweight and has a dust cup capacity go 1.3 quarts. It also has LED Headlights to reveal hidden debris. Its versatility allows it to transform into different modes that can help you not only vacuum the floor but also the ceiling and staircases. This product is also considered an amazon’s choice and has a 4.5/5.0 rating with 6442 reviews, a higher rating than the first two vacuum products mentioned.
MOOSOO Cordless Vacuum (4in1 Power)
The MOOSOO Cordless vacuum is a vacuum that is known for its maneuverability and its ability to transform into different modes to help you vacuum without the presence of a cord. The main machine only weighs abut 3.3 lbs with can be equipped with different attachments for different tasks. It has a rechargeable battery that can be fully charged after 5 house. It’s multi us feature allow it to also vacuum the inside of your vehicles, curtains, sofas, and more. It has a cyclonic filtration system that removes 99.99% of dust particles as small as 0.1 microns.
Four Must-Follow Tips for Proper Carpet Care.
We all know for a fact that as time goes by our carpets loose its “new” feeling to it. Often it turns grey and looks dirtier than the first time it was installed. Vacuuming will always be the number one method in maintaining your carpets. But there are more to it, and the CRI suggested four tips.
- Vacuum, Vacuum, and finally Vacuum! — we all know for a fact that vacuuming an entire floor of carpet is tiring but it has to be done.
- Clean spots and spills IMMEDIATELY! — spots and spills if not removed quickly will leave a stain on your carpet that would either be difficult or cannot be removed. As the CRI suggested always look for SOA-certified products to remove spots and spills that will not damage your carpets on the long run.
- Professionally Deep Clean it. — you must have your carpets professionally cleaned once every 12 to 18 months. Vacuuming your carpets will not fully removed all the accumulated dirts from the past.
- Stop the dirt at the door — by placing mats outside of your door will lessen the chances of you to bring inside the dirt your shoes have gathered while walking. Another practice, often in Asian homes that can be applied, is the removing your shoes before entering. These tiny changes in behavior before entering the household will save you more time to relax in your homes than vacuuming the entire day.
To know more about The Carpet and Rug Institutes Seal of Approval Certified products for cleaning and vacuum products, click here to proceed to their official website.
Read this if you have a Pet at home.
To most families, a home is not a home without their beloved pets. Pets will always be that tiny beacon of light in our everyday lives — not until you noticed how much they shed and cause a mess.
Every year, you would notice a part of that year your dog is shedding more than usual. Most of the time, the hairs always end up and are secretly piling up in your carpet. When you have a dog or another pet that has long hairs it’s quite often you’ll even see yourself almost vacuuming every day. Here are some other tips you have to take into account when you have a pet at home and a carpeted floor.
- Instead of the once week vacuuming, you would need to vacuum your floor daily. If you don’t vacuum your floor daily, while having a pet at home, it would end up likely dog hairs hidden within your carpets.
- Use separate products you can purchase and use when the stains and odors of your dogs are on your carpets. These products must also have the Seal of Approval Certified.
- Never use a Steam Cleaner when dealing with urine spots because the heat will only exaggerate the stain and the smell. Use a wet-vacuum instead and rinse with cool water which will reduce the odor. If the stain is too much, this is probably the time that you need to call a professional cleaner for the job.
- Has your carpet professionally cleaned frequently every 12 months or more if necessary?
Having a pet and carpeted home to most is an added job to an already difficult job to maintain. But by following these simple steps, you won’t need to really put much of an effort and spend hundreds of dollars.
Maintaining the clean feel and look of your home is vital to calling it home. The floors may be the perfect start. These tips and suggestions will surely have you vacuuming at this right second. You may have the materials and equipment to vacuum your carpet, but this YouTube video will demonstrate how to vacuum the right way.